I am not a fan of bargaining at all and I probably have the worst poker face in the world. So, for me, haggling on holidays is nothing but stressful. However, I also don’t want to get ripped off when buying goods at a local market or negotiating prices for taxis or Tuk Tuks. In addition, paying much more than you technically should may lead to a culture of overcharging and inflation, which can throw a developing country’s economy out of balance. Nevertheless, even the poorest traveller is a rich person in the Third World and ruthless haggling is one of the greatest sins of irresponsible travellers.
Mit dem Start der Winter Edition des Baltic Sea Circle 2019 können alle S.A.C. Rallye Fahrer ihre Reiseroute voll automatisiert und mühelos mit der kostenlosen FindPenguins App tracken – und das ganz einfach mit dem Handy in der Tasche.
Jedes Team erscheint in Echtzeit auf der S.A.C Live Tracking Karte
Good news, as of now you can see how many people have seen your footprint posts.
Where to find the new seen counter?
A small eye icon next to your likes under your footprints displays how many people have seen the post.
Who is able to see the number of views?
Just you and fellow travelers.
Valentine’s Day is approaching. So it’s the perfect time to take your Valentine on a romantic couple trip. Here are some of our most favourite romantic cities:
Rome: The home of great lovers like Romeo and Juliet is a champion of romance. Rent a vespa to explore the historic city, kiss at the Spanish Steps during sunset or make a wish in the Trevi Fountain.
London: Fall head over heels for each other while strolling through the neighbourhood of Notting Hill or checking out the antiques market at Portobello Road. Overlook the entirety of London in a private capsule at London Eye or walk down Broadway Market from London Fields to the Regent’s Canal in the heart of Hackney, East London.
Paris: Paris and romance goes together like champagne and oysters. Visit “Le Mur Des Je t’aime” (The Wall of Love), have “Petit Dejeuner” at a traditional Paris Cafe and climb to the top of the “Tour d’Eiffel” for breathtaking views.
Venice: This city tops the list of the world’s most romantic places. Kiss at Rialto Bridge, enjoy a romantic gondola ride or watch an opera at Teatro La Fenice.
Bangkok: You prefer a more exotic destination outside of Europe? Then Bangkok is you place to be. Dine at the Mandarin Oriental, watch the sunset on Moon Bar with a 360 degree cityscape panorama, have a glass of champagne at CRU Champagne Bar or go on a Chao Phraya River cruise.
Special tipp: Make your romantic memories last forever and surprise your Valentine with a FindPenguins Photo Book. How it works? Just track your romantic trip effortlessly and automatically with the FindPenguins App and create your professionally designed travel book in seconds.
Winter blues? We recommend a trip to sunny South Africa this winter. Discover cosmopolitan cities, world-class wines, spectacular drives, unrivalled wildlife and history. This country definitively boasts something for every type of traveller.
Here Our Top Five Reasons Why To Go:
- Landscape diversity: Discover semi-desert highlands, green foothills and perfect beaches.
- Unique wildlife: Enjoy extraordinary wildlife adventures at Kruger National Park.
- Pinotage wine: Taste amazing pinotage wines in the Cape Winelands.
- Outdoor activities: Experience the thrill of Cape Canyoning, Ziplining or Shark Diving.
- Easy travel: Travel stress-free due to good transport links and a large variety of accommodations for every budget.
Why Go Now?
South Africa is located in the Southern Hemisphere, which makes it a winter sun destination for freezing Europeans. Especially, for a Cape Town beach holiday you simply can’t beat the hot months between November and March.
FindPenguins Insider Travel-Tipp:
Our insider tipp for foodies: Check out Bree Street at Cape Town’s CBD. It’s Cape Town’s coolest street now due to a variety of new restaurants, hipster coffee shops and amazing cocktail bars. Important: Make sure to go there with an empty stomach!
Get Inspired By Our Community’s South Africa Adventures:
With over 10,000 posts by more than 400 travellers South Africa is ranked among our community’s top 25 travel destinations. The most travelled places in South Africa are Cape Town, Jo’berg, Knysna and Bakoven. Check out the most popular sights and spots here.
The promoter is FindPenguins (Reichenbachstr. 16, 80469 Munich, Germany). The competition is open to participants aged 21 years or over except employees of FindPenguins and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry is as as stated on Facebook, Instagram or Blog. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- FindPenguins reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen from all entries received and verified by Promoter. FindPenguinswill judge the competition and decide on the winner, which will be picked at random from all complete entries.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or letter within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected /is delivered.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current German data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 14 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to FindPenguins and not to any other party.
- FindPenguinsshall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- FindPenguinsalso reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
New Feature: Edit Your Travel Route
We are truly happy to announce, that we released a new update. You can now freely edit your travel route, move and delete waypoints, add new waypoints and mark connections as flights.
It’s super easy: Install the update and open the map of your trip in our app. There you can find an ”Edit route” button. Tap it and click on a waypoint of your choice!
New Privacy Features For You
„Happiness is only real when shared“
said Christopher McCandless at the very end of his journey in the movie ”Into the Wild”. We agree, however, it is important to us to ensure that you are in control of your information. This is why we developed some new privacy features, available as of now.
New Privacy Feature 1: Exclude followers from trips
How it works: Select the desired trip, go to trip settings and tap “Exclude followers”. There you can choose the followers you want to exclude from the trip.
Usecase: You don’t want to share your party weekend trip with your parents? Just exclude them from the trip.
New Privacy Feature 2: Mark individual photos as private
Regardless of the privacy setting of a footprint or trip you can mark individual photos as private.
How it works: Edit the footprint, tab on a photo and then tap “Make private”.
Usecase: You’ve had and awesome day at the beach! And there is this one cool bikini shot, that is part of the memory, but you don’t want to share! Simply mark this photo as private.