Winter blues? We recommend a trip to sunny South Africa this winter. Discover cosmopolitan cities, world-class wines, spectacular drives, unrivalled wildlife and history. This country definitively boasts something for every type of traveller.
Here Our Top Five Reasons Why To Go:
- Landscape diversity: Discover semi-desert highlands, green foothills and perfect beaches.
- Unique wildlife: Enjoy extraordinary wildlife adventures at Kruger National Park.
- Pinotage wine: Taste amazing pinotage wines in the Cape Winelands.
- Outdoor activities: Experience the thrill of Cape Canyoning, Ziplining or Shark Diving.
- Easy travel: Travel stress-free due to good transport links and a large variety of accommodations for every budget.
Why Go Now?
South Africa is located in the Southern Hemisphere, which makes it a winter sun destination for freezing Europeans. Especially, for a Cape Town beach holiday you simply can’t beat the hot months between November and March.
FindPenguins Insider Travel-Tipp:
Our insider tipp for foodies: Check out Bree Street at Cape Town’s CBD. It’s Cape Town’s coolest street now due to a variety of new restaurants, hipster coffee shops and amazing cocktail bars. Important: Make sure to go there with an empty stomach!
Get Inspired By Our Community’s South Africa Adventures:
With over 10,000 posts by more than 400 travellers South Africa is ranked among our community’s top 25 travel destinations. The most travelled places in South Africa are Cape Town, Jo’berg, Knysna and Bakoven. Check out the most popular sights and spots here.